At Law Solutions, we are pleased to offer a full range of migration agent services for Australian immigration and visa requirements.

Specialising in property law, conveyancing, commercial law, family law and will and estates, Law Solutions are locally equipped to tackle your legal needs. The team are approachable and have an innate understanding of Cairns and regional trends of economic growth.

By partnering with Hunt Migration, we now have access to a global team of qualified migrations agents that are able to assist with all your migration and visa needs in addition to our existing legal services.


Hunt Migration have over 10 years of specialised migration experience. Combined with our legal expertise we can now assist you with:

• Business Visas
• Employer Sponsored Visas
• Family Visas
• Skilled Visas
• Checking your visa applications & assisting with lodgement

Our association with Hunt Migration means that you will have the full support of one of Australia’s largest and most experienced migration specialists.


Armed with a local Cairns flair, the team at Law Solutions service the Cairns region and surrounding suburbs for all your legal needs. Be sure to get in contact and pop into the office to discuss any questions – the team are more than happy to have a chat.

Reunite With Your Parents in Australia

The Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) allows for older parents to permanently live in Australia. The primary requirement is for the applicant(s) to be a parent(s) of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia. Applying for this type of visa can often be time-consuming and feel overwhelming, which is why we’re here to help you get started.

FB Link 01

Benefits of an Aged Parent visa

The Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) is a permanent residence visa for aged parents. It enables you and any member of your family who has been approved for this visa to:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that
    time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).

Parent Visa:

  • The Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 884) gives you a two-stage visa pathway in which you can first apply for a temporary visa and later for a permanent visa
  • The Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) is a permanent visa that lets you pay the full costs of Contributory Parent migration through just one visa application.

Requirements for Aged Parent Visa Application

There are a number of specific requirements you need to meet in order to be eligible for an Aged Parent visa. You can apply for an Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) if you:

  • Have a child who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand, citizen
  • Meet the Aged Parent visa age requirements
  • Meet the balance-of-family test which measures a family’s ties to Australia
  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Have a sponsor who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

If you’re unsure about whether you meet these requirements, our qualified Migration Agents will be able to assist you.

Alternative Options to the Aged Parent visa

There is significant demand for the Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) and, as a result, the visa may not be granted for years to come. Rather than waiting this time, you could also consider a Contributory Aged Parent visa, which is typically approved within two years. If you do wish to speed up the process by applying for a Contributory Parent visa, you will experience a higher application charge. There are two options for the Contributory Aged.

FB Link 02

More Information about the Aged Parent Visa (subclass 804)

If you have any questions about your eligibility or need some assistance with the application process please get in touch with our qualified Migration Lawyers. We are experts in migration law and have helped thousands of people with their visa applications.

Contact Us Today